Inducted May 14, 1983
Roy was born April 29, 1918 and passed away on July 21, 2002. He was a competitive skater from 1930-1948 and then after his retirement, he was an organizer and promoter of speed skating throughout Michigan and the Detroit area for 40 years. He served as an ASU Chief Clerk of Course and Chief Referee and as a member of the Board of Control for Michigan from 1966-1973. Roy was the first vice-president of ASU in 1977 and then eventually ascended to president from 1978-80, then returned to the position of vice-president from 1980-1983. In 1981, he founded the National Medallion Program fund. Roy was inducted into the National Speedskating Hall of Fame on May 14, 1983 in St. Louis, Missouri.
Bay County Speedskating Club
- Inducted 1983
- Born April 29, 1918
- Died July 21, 2002
- Competitive skater from 1930-1948
- Organizer and promoter of speed skating throughout Michigan and the Detroit area for 40 years
- ASU Chief Clerk of Course and Chief Referee
- ASU Board of Control member for Michigan from 1966-1973
- 1st Vice President of ASU 1977; President of ASU 1978-80; 3rd Vice President 1980-1983
- Founded the National Medallion Program fund in 1981
- Elected May 14, 1983 at St. Louis, Missouri. Submitted by William J. Eyre and the Michigan Skating Association.